a peep into a patchwork of paraphernalia, sharing my obsessions, fascinations and creations...

Sunday 15 May 2011

Somerset Sunday

..."photography remains the greatest message-carrying system we have, it's trans-cultural, immediate, unarguable. Photography can deliver a hammer-blow or weave traceries of incredible delicacy."
-Francis Hodgson, curator

Went to visit the Sony World Photography Awards at Somerset House... such a beautiful venue filled with hundreds of photographs for the exhibition. From fashion, portrait, landscape and my favourite-documentary.  These pictures below were some of my fave's by Amit Madheshiya with the series titled 'At a tent theatre near you' documenting travelling cinemas in western India and the multitude of faces and expressions associated with such... from fear, anxiety, delight to total absorption. Loves it.


The exhibition finishes in just one week!
Makes me wanna dig out my camera... and my passport.

sun-streaked Somerset House

No comments:

Post a Comment